Re: Wheezy update of vlc?

On 29.05.2016 22:21, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> El 29/05/16 a las 19:53, Thorsten Alteholz escribió:
>> Hello dear maintainer(s),
>>
>> the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
>> currently open in the Wheezy version of vlc:
>> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-5108
>>

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Keep in mind that vlc was marked as not-supported in wheezy. See
> DLA-487-1.

I agree with Santiago's valid remarks. VLC was marked as not-supported
in Wheezy [1] and we have discussed this topic already [2].

Thorsten, did you gain new insights into the current vulnerabilities? Do
you intend to proceed with a security update and will you update
debian-security-support accordingly?

Regards,

Markus

[1]