Re: Should we give security support for squid when wheezy also has squid3?

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 10:58:59PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> I have started to look into the packages that need work and I have a
> question about squid. I can see that we have the package squid and
> squid3 in wheezy.
[...]
> What do you all think about this?
>
> If you agree with me, do I simply upload a new version of
> the debian-security-support package or do I requiest that from someone
> else?

as a squid user, I'd like to say that squid is a quite common package
and upgrading from squid2 to squid3 is not always braindeadly easy (or
maybe: has not always been), so I can imagine sitation where I would
have been unhappy with this… so in the sense of *long term* support of
wheezy I think I would applaud continued support for squid(2) if feasable.

It's just better of one can keep things running as they are for some more
time.

--
cheers,
	Holger