Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 497-1] wireshark security update

Hi Balint,

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 02:42:28PM +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> > Dear LTS Team,

> >> Hi Bjoern,

> >> I'm deeply sorry for sending out the DLA too early. The update will be available
> >> soon in the archive.
> >>
> >> For the record all of the vulnerabilities listed in the DLA are public
> >> thus receiving
> >> the email early does not pose extra risk for the systems having the previous
> >> version of the package.
> >
> > I have uploaded the package to security-master yesterday and prepared
> > the DLA today.
> >
> > I have misread the description of debian-lts-announce and thought it
> > was moderated, too,
> > like debian-lts-changes, thus I expected the DLA to be held back if it
> > comes early.
> >
> > While I will keep in mind _not_ sending the DLA out too erarly, would
> > it make sense
> > to make debian-lts-announce moderated to catch mistakes like mine?
>
> Is there anything I can do to speed up the acceptance of the updated package?

The package landed in NEW and needs processing by FTP masters.

----cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut-----
binary:libwsutil4 is NEW.
binary:wireshark-qt is NEW.
binary:libwiretap4 is NEW.
binary:libwireshark5 is NEW.

Your package has been put into the NEW queue, which requires manual action
from the ftpteam to process. The upload was otherwise valid (it had a good
OpenPGP signature and file hashes are valid), so please be patient.

Packages are routinely processed through to the archive, and do feel
free to browse the NEW queue[1].

If there is an issue with the upload, you will receive an email from a
member of the ftpteam.

If you have any questions, you may reply to this email.

[1]: https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

So that you recieve the ACCEPTED/REJECTED mails needs to have #796784
resolved.

Regards,
Salvatore