Re: No DLA for xen, librsvg, libidn?

On Wed, 18 May 2016, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> Thanks for the followup Brian! I'm personally a little unclear on what
> exactly happened here: there were problems with PGP signatures? I didn't

Yes, looks like Brian used a key not in the Debian keyring.

> know those were checked by the listserv... let alone have them be inline
> PGP, especially considering:
> https://dkg.fifthhorseman.net/notes/inline-pgp-harmful/

debian-lts-announce only allows mails signed by a key in the Debian
keyring (including DM AFAIK).

Inline signing is not mandatory (I use MIME-signing with mutt) but
there are enough cases where MIME-signing does not work properly
(at least with Enigmail apparently) that the generic recommendation
is to use inline signing to send mails to this list.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer