Re: imagemagick

On 2016-05-17 21:50:22, Brian May wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have backported the patches for imagemagick in Jessie to Wheezy.
>
> As attached. I think most of this is straight forward however not 100%
> certain of the 0079-Indirect-filename-must-be-authorized-by-policy.patch
> patch.
>
> In particular, it returns ConstantString("") instead of NULL - I hope
> this is correct for the Wheezy version. There also appears to be a new
> check that returns ConstantString("") if the input string only contains
> whitespace that I included.
>
> I am looking to see if I can find a test case to test this against,
> however I don't see anything on oss-security.

The imagetragick folks have a PoCs test suite which I ran against
imagemagick before and after the policy.xml patch, which was sufficient
to block those PoCs:

https://github.com/ImageTragick/PoCs

Maybe it could be used to test with the code vs policy patches?

Not sure.

A.

--
Le pouvoir n'est pas à conquérir, il est à détruire
                        - Jean-François Brient, de la servitude moderne