Re: Archive of squeeze-lts ?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Archive of squeeze-lts ?
- From: Christopher Huhn <C.Huhn@gsi.de>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 18:09:46 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 5723874A.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20160329061052.GA11365@home.ouaza.com>
- References: <20151119204535.GC6654@pisco.westfalen.local> <20160229141737.GA31609@home.ouaza.com> <56D45A7C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20160229170417.GA5606@home.ouaza.com> <20160310181649.GA5692@alphanet.ch> <1457634132.948784.545547458.25CA8669@webmail.messagingengine.com> <56F4160D.email@example.com> <20160324164311.GA4234@formorer.de> <20160327190101.GC19413@fantomas.sk> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20160329061052.GA11365@home.ouaza.com>
just stumbled upon this old discussion and have to add my 2 cents:
On 03/29/2016 12:04 AM, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> I'm seeing this when trying to fetch lts packages from
>>>>archive.debian.org at the moment. Anyone know a good contact for them?
>>>>E: Release file expired, ignoring
>>>>since 9d 1h 10min 4s)
> The key did not expire. It's the "Valid-Until" date set in the (signed
with a non-expired key) Release file that elapsed... and this is exactly
sqeeze-lts is the only repository on archive.d.o that behaves like that.
Neither squeeze nor squeeze-backports nor squeeze-security do nor
anything really 'historic'.
AFAICT squeeze-lts is the only repository implementing this flag at all.
Is that correct?
Let you know when you don't have the latest version and right now there's
no "latest version" any more since the release is no longer maintained.
Don't you think that people explicitly fetching packages from
archive.d.o are well aware that these are not supported any more?
Their apt config had already been broken when squeeze(-*) has been
removed from ftp.d.o. That should be warning enough.
Putting 'Acquire::Check-Valid-Until "false";' in apt.conf (and
eventually keeping that after Wheezy upgrade) is not really a
After all this flag affects all sources.
Have a nice weekend,