Re: Archive of squeeze-lts ?

Hi,

just stumbled upon this old discussion and have to add my 2 cents:

On 03/29/2016 12:04 AM, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> I'm seeing this when trying to fetch lts packages from

> The key did not expire. It's the "Valid-Until" date set in the (signed
with a non-expired key) Release file that elapsed... and this is exactly
its purpose.

sqeeze-lts is the only repository on archive.d.o that behaves like that.
Neither squeeze nor squeeze-backports nor squeeze-security do nor anything really 'historic'.

AFAICT squeeze-lts is the only repository implementing this flag at all. Is that correct?

Let you know when you don't have the latest version and right now there's
no "latest version" any more since the release is no longer maintained.

Don't you think that people explicitly fetching packages from archive.d.o are well aware that these are not supported any more? Their apt config had already been broken when squeeze(-*) has been removed from ftp.d.o. That should be warning enough.

Putting 'Acquire::Check-Valid-Until "false";' in apt.conf (and eventually keeping that after Wheezy upgrade) is not really a recommendable solution.
After all this flag affects all sources.

Have a nice weekend,
	Christopher