Re: please post an announcement wrt wheezy-lts architectures

Hi,

Am 27.04.2016 um 17:26 schrieb Adam Borowski:
> Hi guys!
> It looks like a vital piece of information is missing from Monday's news on
> debian-announce: the list of architectures.  If I'm reading this list's
> archives right, it is amd64 i386 armhf armel.  Yet what the public thinks
> is that only amd64 and i386 are supported, which belief is supported by
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using
>
> Thus, could you guys please make another official announcement, whether it's
> amd64 i386 armhf armel or just amd64 i386[1]?  With the confusion around,
> we need some authoritative information.

We would like to provide some authoritative information but we haven't
got a definitive confirmation from all involved parties yet. Announcing
support for armel/armhf before that would have been premature. We will
announce the final list of architectures as soon as this information is
available and confirmed.

By the way: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using reflects the current state
exactly.

"Important: Wheezy-LTS only supports i386 and amd64. The support for
armel and armhf is waiting for confirmation from all related Debian
Teams. Users of other architectures are encouraged to upgrade to Debian
8 ("Jessie")."

Regards,

Markus