Re: PHP support for wheezy-lts

Am 01.04.2016 um 14:20 schrieb Jan Ingvoldstad:
> Hi,
>
> Considering that security support for PHP 5.4 has been terminated for a
> while, and that security support for PHP 5.5 (which is not in neither
> Wheezy nor Jessie, but is almost identical to PHP 5.4 in other regards)
> will be terminated in July, how will support for PHP be handled in
> wheezy-lts?

Hi,

Thorsten Alteholz, who has worked on PHP updates in the past, can
probably give a more detailed reply, but the intention is to continue
the support of PHP 5.4 in Wheezy-LTS similar to Squeeze-LTS and to
backport critical security fixes. Unfortunately the official PHP support
[1] and Debian's release cycles don't align very well, so we will face
the same issue again with Jessie-LTS.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://secure.php.net/supported-versions.php