Re: Preparing to announce Squeeze LTS end-of-life

Hi,

Am 13.02.2016 um 09:23 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 12. Februar 2016, Markus Koschany wrote:
[...]
>> For now it should be clear that Wheezy LTS will be supported
>> until the end of May 2018.
>
> Sadly, if you only read the "Debian 6.0 Long Term Support reaching end-of-
> life" announcement, this is *not clear*, it just says "May 2018", despite we
> having discussed this well in time… oh well.
>
> I have fixed wiki.d.o/LTS now to be clear.
>
> I hope the announcement send at the start of Wheezy LTS (there will be one,
> right?) will be clear on this too.

Yes, I hope so too. There will be another announcement when the security
support of Wheezy is handed over to the LTS team and then it makes sense
to mention the end-of-support date 31th of May 2018 again. Thanks for
updating the wiki pages. I have mentioned the start of Wheezy LTS, 26th
of April, now and added the information that the LTS team will assist
the security team in the time between.

Regards,

Markus