Re: Preparing to announce Squeeze LTS end-of-life

Hi,

El 09/02/16 a las 10:33, Holger Levsen escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 9. Februar 2016, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > My personal preference is also at the end of the month.

Mine too.

> > But I believe that
> > Ben sort of officially declared end of support for the squeeze kernel
> > already.
>
> Ben has "just" closed a lot of linux bugs which only affected 2.6.32 with a
> note saying
>
> "Debian 6.0 Long Term Support has now ended, and the 'linux-2.6' source
> package will no longer be updated.  This bug is being closed on the
> assumption that it does not affect the kernel versions in newer Debian
> releases.
>
> If you can still reproduce this bug in a newer release, please reopen
> the bug report and reassign it to 'src:linux' and the affected version
> of the package. [...]"

I've started to draft the announce to be consistent with this. But I
think there is a problem with the imprecise date (February 2016) on the
wiki. Some of us, and more important, some users may thought it was at
the end of the month.

> Looking more at the wider future, I think it would be great if we could
> support one LTS version until the next oldstable becomes oldstable-lts.

For wheezy-lts, it would mean until stretch's release date + 1 year, and
not wheezy's release date + 5 years: 4th May 2018. Isn't it?

Cheers,

Santiago