Re: Wheezy time

Hi Ivan,

On 19 January 2016 at 23:47, Ivan Kohler <ivan-squeeze-lts@420.am> wrote:

> In a couple weeks the security team will drop support for Wheezy, and so
> we'll drop support for Squeeze and start supporting Wheezy.

Was there an agreement about this? I've searched for a specific date,
with no success.

Yesterday Santiago Ruano Rincón sent a related message[1]:

> Moreover, squeeze lts has been advertised to end next February, the 6th
> to be precise. At the same time, the security team would support wheezy
> until April 26th 2016, which is the Jessie release date + 1 year. What
> do you think if the Squeeze lts team extends Squeeze's life until the
> end of April, to cut at the wheezy-lts starting period?

And yes, although the LTS Wiki page[2] currently states that Wheezy
well be supported from February 2016, there's no mention on the Debian
Security FAQ[3] that they will be stopping the Wheezy support
prematurely (e.g. because it will be handled by the LTS team).

So, will there be some overlap, like both Security and LTS teams
working on supporting the same release for a few (2-3) months?

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2016/01/msg00060.html
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
[3]: https://www.debian.org/security/faq#lifespan

--