Re: squeeze/wheezy updates of Redmine (+ long term state of redmine packaging)

On 2015-12-30 04:23:33, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello Antoine,
>
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2015, anarcat wrote:
>> Hello dear maintainers of the Redmine packages!
>>
>> The Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
>> currently open in the Squeeze or Wheezy versions of redmine:
>
> I believe that Redmine is de-facto excluded from security support
> because it depends on Rails which is not supported:
> http://lists.debian.org/20150323154348.GA21941@inutil.org
>
> We should make this explicit because we made the mistake multiple
> times... and I believe this is true both for Squeeze and Wheezy right now.
>
> I have thus pushed the attached patch to the git repository of
> debian-security-support. Ccing the security team to inform them
> of this change.

Understood.

Would it make sense to fix the secure-testing tracker to show those? It
would have stopped me right there, if it would have shown the older
versions were unsupported...

Same goes for the LTS scripts of course.

A.

--
If you have come here to help me, you are wasting our time.
But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then