Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

Hello,

[just talking about Icedove]

Am 05.11.2015 um 08:47 schrieb Guido Günther:
>> Do you know someone from the Debian maintenance team or from the upstream
>> project which could be hired a few hours from time to time to provide the
>> required security updates on the above source packages when it gets too
>> complicated for the LTS contributors? Feel free to pass around this email
>> if you think of someone and want to inform him/her...
>
> If we do iceweasel then icedove wouldn't be hard on top but I'll let
> Christoph and Carsten (added to cc:) comment on this since I've not
> done any real Icedove work since ages.

as Guido already stated Icedove won't be a big problem if Iceweasel can
be built. So it's more a problem on the points Mike was talking about in
one of the previous mails.

Based on the experience made on the Squeeze release and the targeted
start for Wheezy LTS in February next year I wouldn't count much on a
long possible LTS support for Icedove. Currently the version 38.x can be
built and used in Wheezy (not yet uploaded by Christoph). But I can't
say much about the next ESR version 45 for Wheezy, I haven't tried out a
build of recent Beta versions of Icedove for Wheezy. Maybe Mike can say
something about this scenario. It may be possibly if the needed tools
and binaries are reachable via backports if not available in the normal
LTS workflow.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert