Re: Testing mysql-5.5 on squeeze

(There are more than one mysql-5.5 related threads. To avoid messing
things up, I suggest to continue here)

El 02/11/15 a las 11:12, Santiago Ruano Rincón escribió:
> Hi Raphaël,
>
> El 30/10/15 a las 17:11, Raphael Hertzog escribió:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been testing the mysql-5.5 package prepared by Santiago in his
> > repository:
> >
> >   deb https://people.debian.org/~santiago/debian santiago-squeeze-lts/
> >   deb-src https://people.debian.org/~santiago/debian santiago-squeeze-lts/

> I'm uploading a new package, including a new upstream version and the
> changes you propose.

Hi,

There were some questions about dropping the mysql-common package, so
mysql-*-5.5 would depend on the 5.1 version. Then, I build a new package with
the corresponding changes, and I have got a minor error:

[Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 5.5.46-0+deb6u1~5~1) starting as process 8889 ...
[ERROR] An old style --language value with language specific part detected: /usr/share/mysql/english/
[ERROR] Use --lc-messages-dir without language specific part instead.

Mysqld still runs, but I think that the current package found at my repo, that
provides a mysql-common-5.5, is a cleaner option.

Opinions, please?

Cheers,

Santiago