Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

On 11/04/2015 04:40 PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,

>>> Thomas, what's your stance on this?
>
> While Thomas did not reply directly, I discussed with him on IRC and he
> confirmed me that he already has troubles supporting OpenStack in the
> current stable releases, so expecting to support OpenStack for 5 years
> is not realistic.
>
> I thus suggest to exclude OpenStack packages from LTS support.
>
> Thomas, can you provide us the list of the corresponding source packages?
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

Sorry that I forgot to answer.

Just to confirm, Raphael is right with the above. Upstream doesn't
provide security patches after a year, and what's in Jessie lost support
from upstream just a few weeks after the release.

Even more: if we had PPAMAIN (or Bikesheds?), I'd stop uploading to Sid
and I would work there only, so that I wouldn't get the burden of
supporting Stable, plus Debian users would get the benefits of having
all the releases of OpenStack having a specific repository, making it
more easy to do upgrades (and security supports would match what
upstream provides).

To answer your question, all the packages for OpenStack are listed on
the team's QA page:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=openstack-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)