Re: Offering mysql-5.5 as an option in squeeze-lts

Hi,

El 02/10/15 a las 09:33, PICCORO McKAY Lenz escribió:
> many packages are compile linket around mysql 5.1 api and mysql 5.5
> changes a little, this i thing may cause some problems

With mysql-5.5 as an option, we aim to provide mysql-sever-5.5 and
mysql-client-5.5 packages only. Not to rebuild other packages that link
against the mysql library.

I've uploaded a first set of test packages to:

  deb https://people.debian.org/~santiago/debian santiago-squeeze-lts/
  deb-src https://people.debian.org/~santiago/debian santiago-squeeze-lts/

These packages must be installed manually, I mean, a dist-upgrade won't
and shouldn't try to install them:

apt-get install mysql-server-core-5.5 mysql-server-5.5 mysql-client-5.5

Please, review it, test it, check it, etc... All feedback about
transition success or failure is welcome! Also, its packaging is in
collab-maint:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/squeeze-lts/mysql-5.5.git/

Best regards,

Santiago