Re: squeeze update of screen?

Hi,

Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Squeeze version of screen:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/screen
>
> Would you like to take care of this yourself?

Let's phrase it this way: I don't mind if someone else does it.

> If yes, please follow the workflow we have defined here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development

That's far more than just testing and uploading to
oldoldstable-proposed-updates or such.

> If that workflow is a burden to you, feel free to just prepare an
> updated source package and send it to debian-lts@lists.debian.org
> (via a debdiff, or with an URL pointing to the the source package,
> or even with a pointer to your packaging repository), and the members
> of the LTS team will take care of the rest. Indicate clearly whether you
> have tested the updated package or not.

That could work, thanks!

I'll work on the updates for Jessie and Wheezy first, though.

> PS: A member of the LTS team might start working on this update at
> any point in time. You can verify whether someone is registered
> on this update in this file:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/secure-testing/data/dla-needed.txt?view=markup

I'll look there before I start with the update for Squeeze.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin