Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 359-1] MySQL 5.5 packages added; end of support for MySQL 5.1

Hi Holger,

El 16/12/15 a las 11:51, Holger Levsen escribió:
> Hi,
>
> thanks again for your work on this update! As you know I've witnessed how it
> was prepared, yet I'm confused. I'll tell you why/how…
>
> On Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> > Please note that a dist-upgrade will not consider these MySQL 5.5
> > packages automatically, so users need to install them explicitly.
> >
> > If you are running a MySQL server:
> >     apt-get install mysql-server-5.5
> >
> > If you only need the MySQL client:
> >     apt-get install mysql-client-5.5
>
> sounds great! yet cron-apt send the following via mail:
>
> > CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Wed Dec 16 04:00:02 CET 2015
> > CRON-APT SLEEP: 2971, Wed Dec 16 04:49:33 CET 2015
> > CRON-APT ACTION: 3-download
> > CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get dist-upgrade -d -y -o APT::Get::Show-
> Upgraded=true
> > Reading package lists...
> > Building dependency tree...
> > Reading state information...
> > The following packages will be upgraded:
> >   mysql-client mysql-server
> > 2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> > Need to get 166 kB of archives.
> > After this operation, 73.7 kB of additional disk space will be used.
> > Get:1 http://http.debian.net/debian/ squeeze-lts/main mysql-client all
> 5.5.46-0+deb6u1 [83.1 kB]
> > Get:2 http://http.debian.net/debian/ squeeze-lts/main mysql-server all
> 5.5.46-0+deb6u1 [83.2 kB]
> > Fetched 166 kB in 0s (1649 kB/s)
> > Download complete and in download only mode
>
> Now I'm confused :) The mysql-client and mysql-server shall be upgraded too?
> And to version 5.5.46 no less? They werent mentioned in DLA 359-1?!?
>
> AIUI, they are also not included in DLA 359-1, so why are there new versions
> available? Are those really 5.5 versions? And if not, why did you bump the
> versions from 5.1.x to 5.5.x?

mysql-client and mysql-server are empty packages that depends on the
actual client and server packages. We needed to bump them, or to be more
precise, to not drop them from the mysql-5.5 source package, so they can
depend on the mysql-*-5.1 OR mysql-*-5.5 packages.

Package: mysql-server
Source: mysql-5.5
Version: 5.5.46-0+deb6u1
Depends: mysql-server-5.1 | mysql-server-5.5

So the mysql server and client shall not be upgraded automatically.
Sorry if the DLA is not clear enough about this.

Cheers,

Santiago