Re: Regression in clamav-daemon

Hi Marc,

On 30.05.2015 08:44, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
>    despam@shakotay:~$ clamdscan /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/* > clamdscan-test-output.NEW
>    despam@shakotay:~$ diff clamdscan-test-output clamdscan-test-output.NEW
>    8c8
>    < /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam_cache_emax.tgz: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
>    ---
>    > /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam_cache_emax.tgz: OK
>    49,50c49,50
>    < Infected files: 39
>    < Time: 0.930 sec (0 m 0 s)
>    ---
>    > Infected files: 38
>    > Time: 0.667 sec (0 m 0 s)

I think something like that would be good as an autopkgtest.
Patches for this would be very welcome. ;)

> Apparently, the new clamdscan cannot find viruses in tar.gz archives
> (through the clamav daemon), however it works with clamscan (albeit
> 10 times slower, of course):
>
>    despam@shakotay:~$ clamscan /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam_cache_emax.tgz
>    /usr/share/clamav-testfiles/clam_cache_emax.tgz: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
>    Time: 7.411 sec (0 m 7 s)

This is really strange...

> If you want more input for debugging, I am here :)

Please file a bug report with 'reportbug clamav-daemon'.
This will give us a way to properly track this problem and more
information about your setup.

Best regards,
Andreas