Re: squeeze update of ruby1.8?

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 03:12:20PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello Antonio,
>
> the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Squeeze version of ruby1.8:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2015-1855
>
> Would you like to take care of this yourself? We are still understaffed so
> any help is always highly appreciated.
>
> If yes, please follow the workflow we have defined here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development

Sorry but I won't be able to do it myself. Alessandro Ghedini from the
security team has prepared an ruby1.8 update for wheezy based on the
ruby1.9.1 that I did so you might be able to take that for squeeze.

Note however that there seems to be a regression in the fix for
ruby1.9.1 that made the build fail on i386, armh, mips* and
powerpc; the ruby1.8 build does not fail because it is ignoring test
suite failures for a while now, but it might be affected as well.

I still didn't have the time to look into it properly though.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>