Status of libhtp and suricata in squeeze

Hello,

Moritz Mühlenhoff told me that you did consider libhtp/suricata
unusable in wheezy and planned to ask for the removal of the package
in wheezy. Because of that, the security team ignores the currently
open CVE against those packages.
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/suricata
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/libhtp

That said the packages are also in squeeze and they are affected in the
same way (AFAIK). Are the versions in squeeze also unusable like those
in wheezy ?

If yes, then we shall mark them as unsupported and/or drop them
in the same way.

If not, then we need fix the versions currently in squeeze.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer