Re: Fwd: Re: TLSv1.2 needed in Debian 6 LTS

Am 03.02.2015 um 00:04 schrieb Ben Hutchings:
No, the point is the claim that Debain 6 LTS has 5 year support until
mid. 2016.
With a limited subset of package and architectures, and subject to
developers being available to do this.
A limited subset of packages!  This should be documented at least here: https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
What makes you think Linux Virtual Server is supported in squeeze LTS?
We haven't updated the vserver patch for over 3 years.  Some developers
are rebasing their patch against 2.6.32.y, but I reported a regression
in 2012 <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.vserver/19267> and never
heard any response and this has not been fixed upstream.
Because there is no documentation of the supported subset of LTS nor a list of actually maintained packages.  So, the impression is, that all packages are maintained.

But this should also an issue for Debian 7, isn't it?  Packages that receive no security updates should be marked in some way within the repository, i.e. like broken packages within Aptitude are in red color.
Ben.

No fun at all

Uwe