Re: updates in aptitude appearing in "Upgradable packages" rather than "Security Updates"

Hi,

Raphael Hertzog writes:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Cedric Knight wrote:
>> For wheezy, security updates appear the "Security Updates" section of
>> the main view of the aptitude package manager.  However, on servers
>> using "deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-lts main contrib",
>> security updates are not distinguished from other "Upgradable
>> Packages", which is a bit confusing.
>>
>> Is there any way to get them listed under "Security Updates"?
>
> I don't know exactly what criteria aptitude is using to sort those
> updates so I can't really tell you. I'm putting the aptitude developers
> in copy so that they can reply.

Wouldn't it be technically wrong to list all squeeze-lts updates under
"security updates"? As far as I understood there are other updates
included as well, for example updates to timezone information.

Ansgar