Re: packages-to-support vs rails EOL

Hi Holger,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, Holger Levsen wrote:
> debian-lts.git/packages-to-support lists rails with 1h/month, while the
> debian-security-support package (and the security-tracker) express that rails
> is unsupported in squeeze(-lts), because it's end-of-life.
>
> So should rails be removed from debian-lts.git/packages-to-support?

you're referring here to a non-public file that lists the packages that
(some) sponsors of http://www.freexian.com/services/debian-lts.html have
installed.

Thus I don't believe that this list is the proper place to discuss this.

That said, the file is auto-generated from list of installed packages and
I don't see the harm of having it listed in that file. As long as the
security support status of that packages is clear, it will never appear in
dla-needed.txt and nobody will spend work time on an unsupported package.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/