Re: DLA documented

Hi,

On Dienstag, 15. Juli 2014, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> I don't think we should impose restrictions on the format of the mails.

I think we absolutly should. We want consistend announcements, don't we?

> If
> we want to welcome maintainers not part of the LTS team to take care of
> packages in Debian LTS, we should not make this needlessly difficult.

Sure! But I think we can do both.

> Let's not mimick the existing security.debian.org infrastructure too much,
> but rather have a look on how can create cleaner solutions from scratch
> (and retrofit them into security.debian.org once they've proven
> themselves):

I also agree with this.

> If IDs are important to people to have a specific identifier, we should
> rather solve this technically: The script which checks the PGP signature
> could simply increment the ID internally and rewrite the subject with [DLA
> $ID]. This saves people from all hassle with allocating IDs and it's free
> of race conditions in assigning IDs.

listmasters, how feasible do you think it is? I'm all for automating the
generation of proper announcements! (But I also think that we should use other
means to achieve consisten announcements until we got there.)

cheers,
	Holger