Re: libplrpc-perl vs DBI vs mysql

Mark van Walraven wrote...

> libplrpc-perl 0.2020-2 2014-05-31 Not supported in squeeze LTS
>
> However:

[ mysql-server -> mysql-server-5.1 -> libdbi-perl -> libplrpc-perl ]

> Is this still on the cards?

Cannot tell about that one but there are more examples, the most
probably due to ended support for rails. So I found, probably less
prominent, redmine suffers from the same problem.

About libplrpc-perl, This is obviously a result of the removal in
unstable (#745477). In the current situation the warning you see is
somewhat annoying if libplrpc-perl was installed through dependencies,
not manually. But it cannot be uninstalled for the same reason. So I
am thinking of an an updated version of libdbi-perl for squeeze-lts
that lowers the dependency on libplrpc-perl to Recommends: or
Suggests:, or drops it entirely. The libplrpc-perl package has no
other reverse dependencies so this hopefully does not create even more
damage.

And I guess the same problem exists in wheezy.

Thoughts?

    Christoph