Re: Questions about the lts repository

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 05:55:15PM +0200, Korte wrote:
> Hi
>
> In [1] there is: deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze-lts main
> but no contrib non-free. In [2] there is contrib and non-free. Is that
> alright?

I can't remember that we made a security upload for contrib or non-free
since I'm part of the security team. There's nothing blocking this, though!
If people want to update e.g. the proprietary Nvidia drivers in squeeze-lts
(or the non-free microcode packages for Intel or AMD), they can go ahead.

As such, we should list contrib and non-free in the wiki documentation
(maybe with a note that they're optional). Can you please change this?

> In packages.debian.org [3] squeeze-lts isn't mentioned.

That's a good point, thanks for catching it!

Can you please send a mail to debian-www@lists.debian.org so that
it gets included there?

> I couldn't find the debian-security-support package in lts, but read
> the mail about problems uploading the package. Should it already work?

Initially there was a missing config option in the dak installation
(dak is the archive software running the Debian archive). It only
allowed arch:any, but not arch:all packages.

This has been fixed and the package was now accepted. It's currently
in NEW. NEW is the queue where packages new to the Debian archive are
kept until reviewed by FTP masters.

The reason for it being and new (while my src:hello upload went fine)
is that debian-security-support hasn't been in squeeze (after all it has
only been uploaded to unstable a few days ago). FTP masters now need
to process it, then it will be available (and a mail will automatically
appear on the debian-lts-changes mailing list).

Cheers,
        Moritz