Re: Packages not supportable in squeeze-lts

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 08:52:04AM +0200, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> On 16. mai 2014, at 22:07, Matt Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > On the other hand, I do like the idea of providing alternate kernels,
> > although I wonder if the regular backported kernel isn't enough for people?
>
> No, they're not, because there isn't security support as we understand it in the stable branch.
>
> See for instance the recent kernel vulnerability fix; it's not yet there in backports.

No, that's different:
backports.debian.org rebuilds the latest Linux kernel in Debian
testing, i.e. 3.14.4-1

What is being proposed here is to provide a backport of the latest kernel
in Debian stable, i.e. 3.2.57-3+deb7u1. The security update for stable is
available for a week now.

Cheers,
           Moritz