Re: tomcat6 wheezy DSA (was/and Re: tomcat6_6.0.41-2+squeeze5_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi,

On Sonntag, 23. November 2014, Mark Hymers wrote:
> Anyways, it's now just
> based on oldstable - I expect this to bite us at some point, but
> probably better this way than not being able to get security fixes in.

...and it just bit us. Gah.

So when I was about to kick of pbuilder for the wheezy tomcat6 update I looked
at the .dsc files and saw this:

tomcat6_6.0.41-2+squeeze5.dsc
tomcat6_6.0.41-2~deb7u1.dsc

And realized, this is bad, squeeze-lts would have a higher version than
wheezy-security.

So tomcat6_6.0.41-2+deb7u1, no, that won't work, still lower version than
squeeze-lts.

So tomcat6_6.0.41-3~deb7u1 and "praying" that -3 will go into jessie. (Which
is actually the right thing (I think), but still needs some work. (#770769))

And while tomcat6_6.0.41-3~deb7u1 would work regarding squeeze-lts, it will
not work for wheezy-security now (AIU), as jessie has a lower version atm.

Did I miss something?

I'll now proceed with uploading tomcat-native to squeeze-lts and leave the
tomcat6|tomcat-native uploads for now... grumble.

cheers,
	Holger, who "takes credits" for choosing 6.0.41-2+squeeze5 and not
		6.0.41-2~deb6u1... hindsight and all that.

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development misses instructions for this use case
(updating to a new upstream version which is the same as in wheezy) but should
probably get some (as soon as we figured out whats proper), so we don't repeat
this mistake. For now I'd wish to file a bug so we don't forget but against
which package?