Re: tomcat6 wheezy DSA (was/and Re: tomcat6_6.0.41-2+squeeze5_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Tony,

On Sonntag, 23. November 2014, tony mancill wrote:
> The cruft report for unstable will look *very* different due to 6.0.41-3
> being a *radically* different package.

no, the report exactly looks like this *because* of this:

> >   * Build only the libservlet2.5-java and libservlet2.5-java-doc
> >   packages.
[..]

> The decision/requirement to remove tomcat6 from jessie has been
> requested by the Security team for quite a while, and the 6.0.41-3
> source upload effectively does this by just building libservlet2.5-java
> (without which we would have many packages with missing r-deps).

what's missing now is a bug against ftp.debian.org asking for the removal of
the binaries from sid, which are not build by the -3 anymore.

*then*, -3 can migrate to jessie and those binaries will vanish
"automagically".

and the stuff in the cruft report breaks because of this.

> I not sure I understand all of the ramifications of the statement I'm
> about to make, but for the purposes of squeeze and wheezy, we need to
> consider 6.0.41-2 as the last version of a "complete" tomcat6 source
> package.

yup, I will base the wheezy upload on this.

cheers,
	Holger