Query about whether a Request For Change can be made on this list

Hello.

I have no idea as to whether my request is appropriate toi be made on
this list, or, even, whether, if it is appropriate, the request woyuld
be implemented.

It is to do with GNOME2; specifically with the File Browser.

I am running Debian 6, with GNOME2.

I have a system that repeatedly runs out of reseources and crashes.

In my latest attempt to deal with this, apart from the
.xsession-errors file problem (I found the file to be 750MB, and,
deleted it, but that did not free up the disc space) found when I ran
out of disc space, yet again, with my 85GB /home partition, in further
investigation, I found the .opera/log(s) directory to have 47,647
items in it, with the first screen that was visible (it is currently
not visble, as I am trying to open that directory in a new tab, to
examine and remove most or all of the contents, and, it is taking a
while to load that directory in the File Browser - while writing this,
the displaying of the contents of the directory, has now completeted,
and, the contents appear to be all as described here) showing the
files listed, to have the name crash<timestamp>.txt and, significantly
(especially, given that I repeatedly run out of disc space), that
directory, in the Properties window, shows as occupying 5.5GB, of
which, I believe that most of the content of that directory, is
obsolete and redundant, and, so, should be removed.

Now, I found that directory, and, the size of that directory, by
accident, in searching, with "List Hidden Files" (or, whatever the
correct name for the option, may be, if that is not the correct name),
selected, with ordering on "Last modified".

I do not know whether anyone on this list, works on GNOME2 (I realise
that GNOME2 has been abandoned by the GNOME people), or, especially,
on the File Browser within GNOME2.

But, my suggestion, if it could be implemented, would, I believe, make
system administration (especially, in managing resources, such as disc
usage), easier, in, in the File Browser listing of directories, in the
Size column, where, for the directories within a directory, only the
number of items is lsited, whereas, for files within the directory,
the size of the file, is listed, also including the size of the
directory, in the nature of the result of a du -h (I think it is)
command, so that, where the contents of a directory, are listed within
the File Bowser, in the size column, the disk usage of each directory
listed, is included, would be quite useful, and, could assist in
system administration.

Please advise whether posting this query to this list, is appropriate
(and, if it is not appropraite, then, I apologise), and, whether
anyone on this list (or otherwise) is maintaining GNOME2, especially,
the File Browser application, and, whether the suggestion could be
implemented.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby