Re: eglibc update addressing CVE-2014-5119?

On 1. sep. 2014, at 20:14, Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> wrote:

> Op maandag 1 september 2014 19:19:26 schreef Thorsten Alteholz:
>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
>>> Is an eglibc update for the privilege escalation attack forthcoming?
>>
>> I uploaded packages to [1]. Maybe someone can give them a try before I
>> upload them to the archive.
>
> I have given them a try and seen no problems yet.

I've just installed them to a fairly busy webserver, and I see no telltale error entries in the relevant logs yet.

I'll keep an eye on it for half an hour or so, and if there's noone complaining about sudden bugs on that server, then I'd say that there are no important features broken. :)

Jan