Re: Re: Packages not supportable in squeeze-lts

On Thursday 22 May 2014 13:33:26 Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
[...]
> ffmpeg
> -> I think we need to end official support. Raphael's backport with
> limited scope can be released as a best-effort package, but even for
> non-obscure codecs like MPEG4 the 0.5-based version lacks far too many
> things to be secure. EOLing it is IMO the only viable solution.

Sure, it can not be considered as safe but I think it'd be best to push the
version that disables the exotic decoders/demuxers. It's "better than
nothing", and we can still say it's EOLed.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net