Re: Packages not supportable in squeeze-lts

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 02:02:30PM +0200, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
> On 16/05/14 07:12, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > Based on my experience with security support in oldstable and/or feedback
> > received from upstream or maintainers  so far I would like to propose
> > to exempt the following source packages from security support in squeeze-lts:
> >
> > asterisk
>
> I'm interested in having Asterisk supported.
>
> Could you elaborate on what are the previous experiences or main
> problems that make you think that we shouldn't support it?

Upstream support for the 1.6 branch ended some time ago and many of
the Asterisk security fixes in the past were rather intrusive to
backport.
Asterisk is also one of the few packages which has caused regressions
in security updates since the backports are rather complicated.

Still, if you commit to keeping it up to date, we can certainly keep it.

Cheers,
        Moritz