Re: Packages not supportable in squeeze-lts

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 10:14:32AM +0200, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> I can understand why, PHP 5.3.3 is not a very good PHP 5.3 version.
>
> But at that point in time, people should either stop using squeeze for
> hosting PHP, or they should use a backported higher version.

I expect servers running PHP to be a significant part of the squeeze
LTS-using "cohort".  As much as it pains me to say it, I think I'd end up
spending time supporting this PHP version for security updates if any came
up (work lets me do this on company time, so yeah...).  I totally understand
if Wordpress/Joomla/anyone sane wanted to drop support for PHP 5.3 in their
PHP-using application, though.  (As an aside, the *last* PHP version listed
as being supported by stock Magento is 5.3.24, which makes me chuckle).

- Matt