BEGIN INIT INFO

I was looking for a way to run multiple instances of the same services and
be able to reuse the init.d scripts.

I do have an init.d script that can be copied (or symlinked) that cam
manage different instances (without interation).

Now there is only one problem:

# Provides:          scriptname

This doesn't seem to be dynamic in any way, the name there cannot be an
environment variable (obviously the script itself is not executed in order
to parse BEGIN INIT INFO

All I need is the ability to tell the parser to use the *filename* instead.

This should be easy to implement and could be triggered by a line like:

# Provides: $scriptname

What do you think about this? -- without this you cannot clone multiple
services without having to modify each init.d script.

--
Cheers,
Sorin