Re: LSB status for Squeeze and Wheezy?

On Aug 6, 2011, at 22:35, Matt Taggart wrote:

>> Is there a document describing how one does this?
>
> It's super old, for old LSB and Debian versions, and the formatting is
> broken but...
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/LsbRuntimeCompliance
>
> AFAIK nobody has done anything on it in a long time.

I've looked at the LSB upstream a bit recently. My understanding is that there was a Russian team that created a test suite to determine LSB compliance but that too has not been updated in a while. I'm not sure if many distros rely on LSB compliance very much, still I'm interested in perhaps testing this a bit on Squeeze.

Thanks for the link, I'll look at that and at the Linux Foundation's info and see if I can't make some kind of sense of them for Debian, they seem to have an rpm bias to me. (I realize rpm is required for LSB compliance, but still.)

Regards,

Jeremiah