LSB Dynamic Linker: Journal Results

I have made new LSB 3.0 test results available at the following URI:

http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/lsb/lsb3/progeny-debian-3.0/20050808/

As before, the test system is a derivative of Debian 3.1 ("sarge") as of
a few weeks before that system's release.  Results on actual sarge may
vary, but I feel these results are indicative of the status of sarge.

Only four packages are installed on this system that affect its LSB
compliance and are/were not provided as a part of sarge: ldso-lsb,
libc6-lsb, libpam0g-lsb, and libpam-modules-lsb.  The first of these
packages constitutes the "dynamic linker hack" I have posted about
before, and the others constitute libraries replaced to fix LSB
compliance problems in sarge.

By my reckoning, there are only three issues remaining that do not have
waivers (outside of vsw4; see below).  As they appear in tjreport:

C++:
/27_io/basic_filebuf/overflow/wchar_t/11305-1.cc 1 FAIL
/27_io/basic_filebuf/overflow/wchar_t/11305-1.cc 2 FAIL

Runtime:
/tset/LSB.os/mfiles/msync_P/T.msync_P 2 FAIL

The first two are new failures to me, and I am still investigating them.
(They did not fail for earlier tests.)  The last, I believe, is caused
by my running the tests under QEMU, which is known to create some timing
anomalies when the host system is busy.

Because of issues with the xvfb package as shipped in sarge, the results
of the vsw4 tests are not available.  Results of a previous run, using
the xvfb package from the xorg backport, are available at:

http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/lsb/lsb3/progeny-debian-3.0/20050725/

There are several issues with vsw4 on Debian.  One is the Greek iota and
keymap problem (the strtkysym 7 failure), for which a patch is
available.  The other is the problem with xvfb crashing on the cpypln 3
test.  If we use the xorg xvfb, the xvfb crash goes away, but another
problem takes its place: the mprsd/mpsbws/mpwdw failures, all caused by
a lack of a backing store in xorg xvfb.

There are a few remaining packaging issues with the dynamic linker
packages.  Once these are resolved, I will be releasing the new
packages, most likely tomorrow morning.