Re: [Lsb-test] 3.0 tests depend on libc >= 2.3.5?

"Wichmann, Mats D" writes...

> I guess I need to learn how this is actually implemented.

When alien crafts the deb packaging it does so using debhelper's
dh_shlibdeps. This utility scans all the files in the package and
determines the package dependencies. In the case of libc it always does a
versioned dependency >= the current system version, since it's has no way
of determining what you might be using in libc.

> I thought it didn't do depend generation when it was an LSB
> package

It looks like the code it written in a way that the deb generating backend
doesn't care if the frontend was rpm or lsb (or tgz) and always does the
same thing.

> (and as you point out, lsb-runtime-test isn't fully
> an LSB package anyway), and I thought that was determined=20
> by seeing the appropriate lsb depend (lsb-core these days).

Yeah that's how it works (still using "lsb" not "lsb-core" maybe a bug
needs to be filed?).

--
Matt Taggart        Open Source & Linux Organization R&D
taggart@fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard