Re: [Lsb-test] 3.0 tests depend on libc >= 2.3.5?

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 11:50 -0600, Matt Taggart wrote:
> Jeff Licquia writes...
>
> > It appears that the tests now all depend on glibc 2.3.5.  Was this
> > deliberate?
>
> I assume you mean the test binaries themselves, and not what they are
> testing for.

Sorry, I was probably unclear in my diagnosis.

The package metadata appears to have a dependency on glibc 2.3.5, which
alien carries with it into the converted deb.  Thus, alien -ic no longer
works.  I have verified that the previous version of at least one test
does not generate this dependency.

I am testing a script which can be used as an equivalent to alien -ic,
and will post it once my testing is complete.