Re: LSB 3.0 Lib C++ package

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 11:05 -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
> We're working on the packaging of the c++ library using the suggested
> option (lsb-libc++ package). We would also like to test this out here
> against the LSB 3.0 test suite. This way we can get modifications turned
> around faster. We seem to be having issues getting the new LSB 3.0
> Python appbat package to run on our Debian Sarge system(will not run at
> all). In the past we've used Matt Taggart's instructions
> [http://people.debian.org/~taggart/lsb/tests.html], on running the LSB
> 2.0 test suites. For LSB 3.0 no doubt there are some changes required.
> Could someone post updated instructions on running LSB 3.0 test suites
> on Debian Sarge?

Sure.  I can't change Matt's page but I can provide some updates here.
There's not much change.

It's the same general mechanism; one of the packages no longer exists
(pam has been folded into lsb-runtime-test), and there's a new package
to add at the beginning, lsb-tet3-lite, which abstracts out the tet test
harness into a common package instead of bundling a copy of it into each
testsuite that uses it.  This package also contains the tjreport tool
(the 2.0 instructions note this as coming from lsb-runtime-test).  There
is also one additional checker, lsbcmdchk, which generates a quick
report of any missing required commands.

So I guess, start with:

Preparation:

get the lsb-tet3-lite package
convert with 'fakeroot alien -c lsb-tet3-lite*'
install the deb
this is a dependency for lsb-runtime-test and lsb-test-vsw4

lsb-runtime-test:

4. set the password for test users vsx0, vsx1 and vsx2
These passwords will be prompted for during the initial
test run (the answers to the interview questions are
saved for futures runs).  Make sure to pick strong enough
passwords so that they are not subject to additional
dialog from the passwd command, the tests won't be
expecting that.

lsb-test-pam:

these steps are eliminated as there is no longer a separate
lsb-test-pam package.

new standalone checker:

lsb-cmdchk
        To run the lsb-cmdchk test
             1. grab the right lsb-cmdchk rpm for your architecture
             2. run 'fakeroot alien -c lsb-cmdchk*' on it
             3. as root, install the resulting deb
             4. in a scratch directory run /opt/lsb/bin/lsbcmdchk, a
                journal file will be produced
             5. use the tjreport tool from lsb-tet3-lite package to
                generate a tjreport from the journal
             6. put your results on a webpage or send them to Matt
                Taggart to post and then send a pointer to the
                debian-lsb list

Also, for some light bedtime reading :-) make sure you've checked the
LSB 3 release notes so you know what changes are expected:

http://www.linuxbase.org/LSBWiki/ReleaseNotes3

You don't say in what way python fails, the only scenario I can think of
where it just doesn't start is a missing dynamic linker
(/lib/ld-lsb.so.3 for ia32 - note it's .3 instead of .2 for LSB 3).