Re: LSB 3.0 and who's doing what?

Matt Taggart wrote:
> Jeff Licquia writes...
>>From there, Debian can make up its own mind what's important for it.
>
> I don't like this attitude and it seems to be the one that other prominent
> Debian derivatives are taking as well which is troublesome. While there is no
> license obligation to help integrate changes back into the original project
> you diverged from, I believe there is an unspoken community obligation.
>
> We're all in this boat together, isolating yourself and declaring the problem
> to be someone else's doesn't help.

I don't think that's Jeff's position, and it's certainly not mine
(read my blog for my thoughts on issues such as this). I
think Jeff's comment just reflects the reality that not
all of our work is accepted into the original project we
diverged from, even when we submit it (which we
have done), and perhaps a bit of frustration about that.

--
Ian Murdock
317-578-8882 (office)

"A nerd is someone who uses a telephone to talk to other people about
telephones." --Douglas Adams