Re: [Lsb-test] 3.0 tests depend on libc >= 2.3.5?

> Sorry, I was probably unclear in my diagnosis.
>
> The package metadata appears to have a dependency on glibc 2.3.5, which
> alien carries with it into the converted deb.  Thus, alien -ic no longer
> works.  I have verified that the previous version of at least one test
> does not generate this dependency.

I've run into this before. I think it's because alien doesn't
recognize the package as an LSB package, because it depends
on stuff provided by an lsb metapackage that's not released.
That is, I'm surmising alien doesn't know about lsb-core=3.0,
and that's why the "-c" is ignored.

I also ran into this with non-ia32 packages, which seemed to
be taking longer going into the official tree.  This is really
irritating if I figured it right...