Re: sarge LSB 2.0 test results/instructions

Matt Taggart writes...

> Hi debian-lsb,
>
> I have run the LSB 2.0 test suites on sarge (as of 2004-11-29) and placed the
>
> results at,
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~taggart/lsb/2.0/

I forgot to point out I only have results for i386 and ia64 so far. I don't
have access to other LSB archs but I'm going to try and setup PearPC for
powerpc and Hercules for s390. Running on real hardware might be required at
some point, but hopefully those will work for now.

> I have not analyzed any of the failures yet, so any comments on results would
> be appreciated.

Some people pointed out that some of the libstdcpp failures are due to the
tests needing certain locales. My understanding is that the test suites are
supposed to provide these, but you can work around the problem by making the
right locales available on the system. So I did and reran the tests and we're
down to just one failure on both i386 and ia64,

/24_iterators/istreambuf_iterator.cc 1 FAIL

which is a know Test Suite Deficiency (see http://www.linuxbase.org/LSBWiki/Qmt
estCplusplus ). So sarge is passing all the needed libstdc++ tests, yay!

> I have also added instructions on running the test suites newly introduced in
> 2.0 to,
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~taggart/lsb/tests.html

I added a note about how to do this locales thing to the above page.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org