Re: LSB status of sarge?

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 12:09, Michael Stone wrote:
> I guess that means we don't need to worry about coreutils and diffutils
> for lsb 1.3 compliance?

That's correct.

LSB 2.0 is a different story, though I've been told that a similar
waiver is likely to be accepted there.

> As far as users go, yeah, they're going to have
> some problems with multibyte characters. I don't have a solution to
> that.

We could, of course, fix the patch. :-)

Which brings me to the question: what problems do you have with the
current patches?  I had the OpenI18N team send me the latest version,
and plan to evaluate and improve them at some point myself.  Any help
towards getting that goal met would be quite useful, not just for the
LSB but for our users.