RE: Debian LSB Testing instructions and lsblibchk results

> One of the other requirements for LSB certification is
> passing the lsblibchk tool, so I ran it on ia64/unstable
> today.

> 2.) Missing symbols in libgcc_s. The tool complains,
> Checking symbols in /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
>   Didn't find _Unwind_Find_FDE (GCC_3.0) in libgcc_s.so.1
>   Didn't find _Unwind_GetDataRelBase (GCC_3.0) in libgcc_s.so.1
>   Didn't find _Unwind_GetTextRelBase (GCC_3.0) in libgcc_s.so.1
>
> I haven't filed a bug on these yet as I want to ask LSB
> upstream if they think it's a bug in Debian.

No, we think it's a bug in the spec :-)
These three were never in the Itanium psABI, and were
incorrectly added to the Itanium archLSB only by
analogy with other platforms, which all seemed to have
these symbols (actually the symbol set was added
generically, rather than arch-specifically, because
we had no reason to suspect it needed to be different).

As far as I know there's already a waiver on these
for ia64.