Re: [Lsb-test] /tset/LSB.os/files/dev_tty/T.dev_tty 1

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 02:16, Andrew Josey wrote:
> Its an old test that has been around since the 1991 and thought
> to be stable. All UNIX systems have been passing it, and all
> certified LSB runtimes also .

That would make me think that I was doing something wrong, except that I
can find several other reports that report the same problem on Debian.

> What are you using as the
> VSX_TERMIOS_TTY/LOOP parameters, and what are the ownership
> and permissions on them?

>From the latest journal (the full one is at
http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/lsb/journal-woody.200310280010):

30||VSX_TERMIOS_TTY=/dev/pts/XXX
30||VSX_TERMIOS_LOOP=/dev/pts/XXX

And:

vsx0@woodytest:~/results$ ls -l /dev/pts
total 0
crw-------    1 vsx0     tty      136,   0 Oct 28 10:26 0
crw--w----    1 vsx0     tty      136,   1 Oct 28 10:32 1

Also, for what it's worth, I'm running the tests from the console.

> Are you running the binary runtime test suite, or building the
> tests from source?

I'm using the binary RPM "lsb-runtime-test-1.3.6-3.i386.rpm" installed
using "alien -ic".  There was a bug in alien regarding permissions, but
this system was installed using the fixed version:

vsx0@woodytest:~/results$ alien --version
Alien version 8.36