RE: LSB woody test results

> > The cpio and tar failures will go away by installing pax. The spec
> > requires posix versions of cpio and tar and the test suites will
> > happily use pax if available to fulfill that need. This is how other
> > distributions have been dealing with it and IMHO is rather stupid
> > but oh well. A dependency on pax has recently been added to the lsb
> > package to make this easier.
>
> I figured that this would be the case.  How do you feel about adding
> some of the other dependencies?  I notice, for example, that
> Tcl/Tk and expect constitute some of the failures.

Sigh.  expect is used to automate the process of feeding
the root password to tests that need it, but has nothing
at all to do with LSB conformance... but it seems most
other distros do include it in their "keystone" package,
so that installing "lsb" gives you not just LSB conformance,
but also enough to run the test suite, if that makes sense.