Re: NEED HELP: Making woody LSB compliant

At 2003/9/9 11:29+0200  Martin Schulze writes:

> > older version of the test suite. However the clock is ticking as that
> > version will expire at some point now that the new one is out. Details
> > at http://www.opengroup.org/lsb/cert/docs/testsuites.html
>
> Since we can't meet newer specs anyway, I wonder if there is much gain
> trying to meet an older spec which will expire $when.  $when being
> which date?

The specification or certification program won't expire for quite some
time (years). However the older version of the test suites will. As
new versions of test suites are released (sometimes adding test
coverage to the areas of the spec previous not tested), there is a 3
month overlap before the older one can no longer be used for the
certification program.

There is about 10 weeks left before the 1.3.3 versions expire, which
have been superseeded by 1.3.6 which added more internationalisation
tests.

The 2.0 program is scheduled to start in Jan/Feb next year and you can
expect there to be a lot more tests added for that program - eg pam,
SUSv3, much more thorough checking of commands and utilities, etc.

Chris
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group