documentation request for chapter 9.2- Hooks

Hi,

Thanks to livebuild i am building a custom OS running live in a pxe boot environnement (dhcp, tftp,squashfs,…)

The user manual found at https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual is a great help and i had no big difficulty to understand the build process and its customization.

Unfortunately I am not confortable with 9.2 chapter :

“Depending on whether you are building a live image or a regular system image you have to place your hooks in config/hooks/live or config/hooks/normal respectively”.

As I generate a live image I used to defined hooks in config/hooks/live, but I noticed some strange behaviours (missing files  in the final root directory).

switching to config/hooks/normal I was able to get the result I was expecting.

So I’m still not able to understand the consequences of using either the live or normal way.

Any help would be appreciated !

--

Benjamin